This An Athlete Uses Physics to Shatter World Records video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Have you heard of the Fosbury Flop? It was invented by a college high jumper in and has become the standard technique for high jumpers world wide. Learn the physics of this move and why it is more effective for clearing the bar than the traditional face-down, an inspiring addition to your lesson on the center of mass.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Animations make the presentation more visually appealing
- Using sports in a physics lesson increases interest
- Lesson can be customized by editing Think questions or changing Dig Deeper resources