This An Astronaut in Motion lesson plan also includes:
How do you model the movement of an astronaut? The activity features software that uses an avatar to mimic movement. Groups work to determine the translation between the pre-image and the image. They then experiment with reflections in order to arrange lettering so an astronaut can read it in a mirror.
- Provide opportunities for the class to investigate transformations using other methods
- Class should be familiar with moving objects on a TI-Nspire
- Have a mirror available to check the reflection
- The answer key shows what the pupils will see on their screens
- The background information gives a reason why one would plot human movement on a coordinate plane
- The video is difficult to find