This America in Space: German Voices from Huntsville, Alabama lesson plan also includes:
Project Paperclip, the Redstone Arsenal, and the Huntsville Space Center are all featured in a resource that investigates the contributions of Dr. Werner von Brawn and other German scientists to the US space program. Working individually or in groups, class members research the developments made by this group that led to putting a man on the moon.
- Post a compilation of the Photo Stories on the class blog or webpage
- The lesson presumes class members have a basic understanding of the goals of President John F. Kennedy's New Frontier emphasis on the space program
- Also presumed is that class members are familiar with the protocol for researching on the Internet and validating sites
- The seven-page packet includes a PowerPoint presentation, links to Kennedy's "We Choose to Go to the Moon" speech, a graphic organizer, and a rubric for the research project
- No scaffolding is provided for the research project