This Allusion and Illusion: Definitions and Examples lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Illusions and allusions certainly sound similar but there is a world of difference in their meanings. The narrator of this short video distinguishes between these terms, defines them, and offers examples that are sure to engage viewers. Part of a series of videos devoted to literary terms, the films can be used together or separately to address specific situations.
- Topical references and animated examples will engage learners
- A short quiz and the transcript of the video are included in the resource
- Users can register and login to access free courses
- No follow-up activities are suggested; therefore, extend the lesson by asking groups to identify and explain the allusions in a series of passages