A playlist on film analysis and criticism continues with an analysis of James Cameron's 1986 sci-fi action classic Aliens, as well as why it is deserving of a place on a list of great films.
4 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Review the elements of the hero's journey prior to watching the video
- Most appropriate for film studies classes
- Video include rapid narration and frequent asides
- The film is R rated
- Given the sexual references in the analysis, preview the video to determine if appropriate for your teaching situation
- The episode focuses on how the character of Ripley marked a change of women's roles in sci-fi action films