This Algebra Tiles and Solving Equations lesson plan also includes:
Young mathematicians solve linear equations by drawing models of algebra tiles using colored pencils. To finish, they solve the same equations algebraically and check their answers using a graphing calculator.
131 Views 107 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the resource with learners struggling with solving linear equations
- If available, provide actual algebra tiles for pupils to use
- Individuals should have knowledge of the properties of equality
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Moves from the concrete to the abstract