This Airplane Tails and Wings: Are You in Control? lesson plan also includes:
Keep everything under control. The instructional activity, the 16th segment in a 22-part unit, provides a more detailed look at the parts of a plane, specifically the control surfaces. Pupils learn about the construction of the wings and the tails and how the control surfaces of each affect the flight of the plane.
- Show a video of making control surfaces for a model plane
- Assumes the class has built paper airplanes
- It is beneficial if individuals are familiar with the parts of an airplane
- Provides a simple extension activity using a basic paper airplane design
- Includes questions to use as a post-lesson assessment