The air Battle of Berlin was harrowing with fighter pilots so close in the skies they could see each other's eyes. A video studies the important engagement, explaining that while the Allies lost the largest number of men in a single air engagement, it also claimed the lives of some of Germany's best pilots. The battle poised the Allies for victory with D-Day.
- Show the video to demonstrate the importance of new technologies, such as fighter planes, during World War II
- Offer the resource as background material before studying the D-Day invasion
- Video is part of the War in Europe collection
- Maps and graphics show learners where events occurred
- Resource makes clear connections between the Berlin air battle and other events in World War II