This Air Temperatures Around the World: Student Activity activity also includes:
Check out climate anomalies just like NASA climatologists! Investigators use a GISTEMP map from NASA to analyze one month of climate anomalies. Scientists look for data extremes and generate possible explanations for observable patterns.
3 Views 1 Download NGSS: Designed
- Display and discuss the surface temperature anomaly map
- Have scientists work collaboratively to predict the effects of these anomalies on life in certain areas
- Assumes understanding of zones of latitude
- Provides a vocabulary list for in-depth study with older students
- Includes ability to access interactive GISTEMP map, allowing explorers to investigate additional anomalies for a meaningful, self-styled learning experience