This Air Pressure lesson plan also includes:
Investigate what is pushing on us. An intriguing instructional activity has pupils calculate the amount of force on various squares due to air pressure. Using the data, individuals create a graph in the third instructional activity of the Up, Up and Away unit containing 22 lessons.
- Conduct a demonstration to show that air has weight
- Lead a discussion on whether class members have been in an airplane and had their ears pop and why
- Assumes the class knows how to calculate area
- Includes answers for the handout and questions from the lesson
- Contains suggestions for extensions