This African Myths and Stories lesson plan also includes:
Young historians discover African stories associated with a royal altar tusk from the Kingdom of Benin in Nigeria, read myths illustrated on the tusk, and write a story about the life of an oba using figures depicted on the tusk.
75 Views 46 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Consider locating a short film clip on African art, Nigeria, or the Kingdom of Benin to supplement this cross-curricular lesson
- As an extension activity, have learners design their own African tusks with figures or symbols representing family or a personal story
- Be sure to check out the link to the original lesson plan provided in the included materials. All appropriate hyperlinks and materials are included in this reference
- Nice worksheet for introducing artifact analysis
- All handouts and links to activity materials included