Most learners are already familiar with the horror wreaked by Adolf Hitler during World War II, but few may understand the impact the Great War had on him. Hitler felt his time at the front for Germany during the Great War were some of the best moments of his life, and the effects of World War I on Germany shaped his future political ideology. An informative video biography helps your learners connect the two great wars of the twentieth century.
- Ask budding historians to evaluate how Hitler's experience on the front during World War I affected his worldview
- Offer the biography as research on key figures in World War I and World War II
- Video is part of Who Did What is World War I? video biography series
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Engaging narrator connects World War II and I through Hitler's biography in a clear way
- Intriguing photographs of Hitler as a child and youth will keep your class's attention
- Video inaccurately tags Hitler in a photograph