A rational expression is a fraction where the denominator and/or the numerator is a polynomial. The resource presents rational expressions and how to add and subtract them. Additionally, the video connects the addition and subtraction of rational expressions to the addition and subtraction of fractions by showing that they must have a common denominator.
- Use the video to introduce adding and subtracting rational expression in a flipped classroom environment
- Provide pupils several opportunities to practice the concept
- Individuals should be aware of when they can combine terms and when they cannot
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The video uses colors to highlight the process of finding common denominators
- Includes closed captioning