This Adding Algebraic Fractions video also includes:
The process requires the combination of several concepts. A video shows how individuals need several concepts to add rational expressions. Pupils must remember they need to find common denominators, combine like terms, and use the distributive property, along with factoring. Individuals practice adding algebraic fractions within worksheets that include multiple operations.
- Review the distributive property
- Create an activity for pupils to have them recognize when they can factor an expression
- The class should be comfortable with combining like terms
- Works from simple to more complex additions
- Includes an answer key to help with grading or peer review