This Adapatations for Bird Flight - Inspiration for Aeronautical Engineering activity & project also includes:
It's a bird, it's a ... device made to mimic birds. The eighth installment of a nine-part module has pupils read various articles to learn about bird flight. They consider the implications for aeronautical engineering.
1 Collection 9 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- If possible, have an ornithologist bring in examples of feathers and give a presentation
- Learners should have familiarity with biomimicry from the previous lesson
- It is helpful if individuals have basic knowledge of flight (drag, thrust, lift, gravity)
- Directions are clear and easy to understand
- Includes worksheet in document form, allowing for additions or subtractions to content