This Acting Out Respect lesson plan also includes:
Bert and Ernie, Lucy and Ethel ... what makes a great friend? Pupils first learn about the STAR method of problem solving: Stop, Think, Act, Review. Small groups then role play various scenarios to demonstrate respect and compromise in friendships.
- Invite individuals to share details about their best friends
- Split the class into four groups and have each group create a poster about one element of the STAR method
- First lesson from a three-part Respecting Differences in Others unit
- Lesson is detailed with guided instructions
- Targets important life skills, such as teamwork and problem-solving