This Acids and Bases—Microscale Chemistry lab resource also includes:
Here's proof that small-scale labs lead to big-time learning. Introduce acid-base interactions to middle school scientists through a microscale chemistry lab. Pupils combine a variety of solutions and use indicators to obtain approximate pH values.
- Incorporate some basic pH knowledge into the lab to increase the rigor
- Use the lab as in inquiry tool to begin a study of acid-base chemistry
- Pair students and assign roles if time and/or lab equipment constraints make individual work a challenge
- Teacher's guide contains extra resources to expand the lesson if needed
- Student instructions are simple and clearly written
- The microscale nature of the lab provides for easy set up and clean up