Everyone's familiar with acids like vinegar and lemon juice—but what makes them different from ammonia and baking soda? Science sleuths discover acid base theory using a video from JFR Science. Viewers explore the interactions of acids and bases before learning how to express them in terms of the different acid base theories.
- Pause the video and let the class practice identifying acids, bases, and their conjugates
- Demonstrate neutralization at the ionic level by performing a reaction and monitoring the electrochemical activity
- Quickly review double displacement reactions with learners before playing the video
- Demonstrations help viewers connect with the content
- The narrator explains each theory clearly and concisely