This Acid-Base Solutions interactive also includes:
Learners, through watching a simulation, can manipulate various characteristics of different solutions focusing on acid-base solutions where pH, strength of solution, and concentration may be changed. Views may be at the molecular level, graphs, or none at all where participants have to determine the characteristics.
- Include the simulation as a demonstration for classes when teaching acid/base solutions, specifically strong solutions you wouldn't use in the classroom
- Teachers may want to use as a station activity on a day of stations covering acids and bases
- Assumes scholars have some previous knowledge about pH, acids, and bases
- Teachers can create a free account and then access lesson plans, teacher tips, and video primer
- Class members can input their own solutions (concentration, strength, acid/base) and take measurements
- Measurements can be made using Tools, either a pH meter or pH paper