This Absolute Versus Local Extrema interactive also includes:
Get the class to take an extreme look at functions. The interactive presents a function on a closed interval with a movable tangent line. Using the given function, pupils determine the extrema, critical points, and points of inflection.
3 Views 0 Downloads
- Lead a discussion about the definitions of local and absolute extrema
- Users must sign up for a free CK-12 to access the interactive
- Individuals should know about critical points and points of inflection
- Shows the correct answer if users input the wrong one
- Provides additional examples in the supplemental material