What qualities made Abraham Lincoln a successful president? Invite young historians to learn about the personal and political background of one of the greatest presidents in United States history.
17 Views 18 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- For more mature learners, consider screening the film Lincoln and discussing the complications the president was forced to face regarding his abolitionist ideals, which are also referenced here in this video
- Use this video on Presidents' Day or for learners who are in need of a simple introduction to Lincoln's presidency
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- This resource offers a very broad overview of Lincoln's term and major presidential actions
- Includes a variety of photographs and illustrations of the historical period
- Commentary provided by multiple historians throughout video