Don't miss an out-of-this-world tribute to the life of John Glenn, the first astronaut to orbit Earth. The mission itself was not smooth sailing. An interesting video shows viewers how Glenn had to think on his feet to ensure the success of the mission. The installment of the SciShow space series also discusses his life before and after the memorable flight.
- Pair the lesson with additional videos from the series to create a complete unit on the various space travel missions
- Incorporate as a resource on a class website when pupils research different astronauts and space missions
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Provides both professional and personal facts about Glenn's life
- A quick video packed with information