Whether you're new to using Nineteen Eighty Four in the classroom or you're an Orwell veteran, the materials in this teacher's guide are a valuable addition to your curriculum. The suggested activities prompt readers to create a newspeak dictionary, act out scenes from the story, or create recordings of Winston's secret diary.
- Use questions for full-call discussions, as a focus for group work or independent reading, or as essay prompts
- Page numbers refer to the Signet Classic edition of the novel
- The 10-page guide includes before, while, and after reading questions and activities
- Includes an extensive annotated bibliography of books with related themes
- Answers for the discussion questions are included