This A Student Exploration of the Global Impacts of Climate Change on Human HealthVector-Borne Diseases lesson plan also includes:
Develop an understanding of how climate change affects humans' health. The class lists what they know about climate change and its connection to disease and then read sections of an article providing specific details on how climate change affects the growth of diseases. The pupils then create graphic organizers showing the connections between specific climate changes, environmental conditions, environmental hazards, and health effects. To finish, scholars use their graphic organizers to create a large combined graphic of health impacts of climate change.
- Conduct a mini-lesson on vector-borne diseases such as Lyme Disease
- Includes several resources for teachers to read prior to the lesson
- Requires individuals to understand how environmental conditions may lead to hazards
- Includes multiple options for evaluation
- Contains a sample key to the graphic organizer of climate changes leading to health outcomes