Can your pupils tell the difference between the long /a/ and short /a/ sounds? Practice with the eight words here. After determining whether the initial sounds in the words are long or short, learners cut out each image and paste it in the correct area.
- Read each word out loud and practice the long and short /a/ sounds together; telling the difference between the two sounds can be different
- Set this up at a classroom station
- After students are done cutting and pasting, allow them to color in the images
- Students should have some additional instruction about vowel sounds before completing this activity
- Includes both long and short /a/ sound words to practice with
- Images are high quality