This A Simple Circuit lesson plan also includes:
Heat up a lesson on solar energy by building a circuit for a cooling fan. Given a solar module and a DC motor, scholars develop hypotheses for how to make the fan turn. They test out their hypotheses, and then draw a circuit diagram to represent the solution.
- As an extension activity, challenge learners to create more complex circuits
- Part four of the seven-installment series Understanding Science and Engineering
- Lesson requires a solar module, a DC motor with a fan, and a light source
- Provides worksheets for pupils to record information
- Encourages scientific inquiry