The Big Bang just got bigger! Learners explore the early universe in a short, animated video. The narrator guides viewers through the revelation that photons polarized by masses of plasma travel through space to bring us a clearer picture of the Big Bang. The resource also describes the phenomenon of polarization and the characteristics of the plasma that shaped the universe.
- Demonstrate polarization by supplying class members with polarized material to examine
- Show the video during a space science unit or lesson on quantum mechanical applications
- Assumes prior knowledge of quantum mechanical concepts
- Animation allows pupils to better visualize the behavior of photons
- The content is well-organized and presented in an exciting way