This A Math-ic Prediction activity also includes:
Trick out mathematical expressions. Scholars participate in a computerized magic trick where the computer guesses the final answer to a series of operations. Pupils investigate the trick to determine what is happening. Individuals then share their discoveries.
- Ask class members to come up with their own mathematical tricks
- Use as the introduction to a unit on linear expressions
- Assumes the teacher knows how to conduct a Three Act Task
- Provides suggestions on how to use the information to develop the understanding of expressions
- Contains suggested questions