Imagine children working long hours in factories, coal mines, and in the fields. Class members examine a series of pictures and read about early attempts to regulate child labor and current child labor laws.
53 Views 25 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research the history of child labor in their area and compare their findings to the Alabama report
- Have groups research the child labor situation in various developing countries
- While background information focuses on child labor in Alabama, the concepts are appropriate for any classroom
- The four-page packet includes links to 1918 National Child Labor report, images of child labor conditions, and related background information, as well as a rubric for the writing assignment
- The writing assignment presumes class members are acquainted with the conventions of journalistic writing