This A Day in the Life of an Ancient Egyptian Doctor instructional video also includes:
How did ancient Egyptians treat a scorpion bite? Scholars analyze the life of a doctor during trying times of Ancient Egypt. They investigate treatments and issues that arise with the various medical concerns of the era. To conclude, they discuss how ancient people used medicine in a land full of scorpions and disease.
- Invite a local doctor as a guest speaker to compare and contrast medicine from Ancient Egypt to today's world
- Place photos of Ancient Egypt medical concerns (scorpions) in the front of the classroom to set the mood of the lesson
- Be aware that the resource uses the word anus, which may cause an issue with some students
- Resource provides multiple-choice questions for use in class
- Lesson includes one guided response assessment