This A Comparison of Lincoln’s Inaugural Addresses lesson plan also includes:
Speech, speech! Analyzing speeches is no easy task. High schoolers learn the important process of annotation as they work together to analyze Lincoln's inaugural address. Then groups of four work to annotate a second speech at a more independent level.
- Flip the class by assigning the AP short answer question as homework
- Consider adding a class Q&A session, where scholars discuss the process of annotating as well as any questions that come up about Lincoln's speech
- Some previous experience with annotating and working with primary sources may prove helpful
- Preps pupils to take the AP test
- Includes links to all necessary sources