Get in the reading spirit on Read Across America Day while celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday with four printable instructional activity activities. Included is a word search using story character's names, a quiz to test how many Dr. Seuss titles you've read, a mathematical fill-in-the-blank page, and a create your own story game using the same 236 words from Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat.
- For continued use cut out story words, laminate and attach them to magnets, then post them on the white board or other magnetic surfaces
- Schedule time to go to the school library or download the titles referenced in the worksheets
- If you are an upper grade teacher, visit a lower grade classroom to read a Dr. Seuss book to the younger scholars
- If you teach lower grades, invite older learners to come to class and read to your pupils
- Copies are required
- The activities hold learner engagement as they allow for creative thinking
- Since this worksheet was created in 2006 and comes as a 50th birthday celebration for The Cat In the Hat, the fill in the blank worksheet's information is no longer accurate.