Do your pupils ever get the case of the What-Ifs? If so, maybe they're meant to be an engineer. Engineers are encouraged to ask a lot of hypothetical questions! Find out why and what they do with their answers in a captivating video about engineers and the engineering process.
- Create a flipped classroom; assign the link to be viewed at home for homework saving class time for discussion and application of knowledge
- As a class, create an original hypothetical situation in which a problem must be solved, and ask, "What if?" as you go through the engineering process to find a solution
- This is the seventh episode in a series of 17 videos that focuses on the engineering process
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Class members are fully engaged in the video's colorful graphics, cartoon characters, sound effects, and silly jokes
- Academic vocabulary used in the video is defined verbally, as well as visually
- The host speaks fast; some learners may find it difficult to take notes or answer questions for comprehension purposes