Why do some people still question climate change? Discover the components of consensus with a video from a well-written science playlist. The narrator guides viewers through the process of reviewing climate publications, how exclusive language sometimes excludes good science, and how the public views climate change.
- Add the video to a climate unit to explore the difference between consensus and public perception of the climate change issue
- Check out Hot Mess, a YouTube channel devoted to climate issues
- For younger learners, pause the video and make sure they understand how to calculate the 97% consensus
- The resource is eye-opening and interesting
- Illustrations help explain the content for viewers unfamiliar with the scientific publication process