The greater the technology, the better our understanding of our galaxy. An intriguing lesson from a solar system video series discusses the discoveries of the Gaia space observatory. With the release of the first 3D map of the Milky Way, the vastness of the galaxy is beyond expectations.
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they watch the lesson
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Expects a basic understanding of trigonometry
- Incorporates images and animations to add clarity
- Presenter shows excitement for the topic, which holds viewers' attention