This 270 Votes to Win: The Electoral College in the United States lesson plan also includes:
What exactly is the Electoral College and how does it work? The lesson is part of a larger series on government that explains what the Electoral College is and how it helps determine an election winner. Academics participate in discussion, role-play, writing activities, and read handouts to understand the historical background and how the Electoral College works today.
- Create a mock class election with an Electoral College
- Arrange for a local representative to speak to the class regarding voting
- Lesson is part one of a two part series
- Includes extension activities to enhance learning
- Clearly explains a complex component of presidential elections