Will the advancement of technology doom interpersonal relationships? Like the score for Jaws, the music for the opening sequence of Stanley Kubrick's 2001- A Space Odyssey stirs the imagination of viewers. Cinema lovers and film newbies alike will appreciate a brief but in-depth analysis of one of the most famous science fiction films of all time.
- Assign a separate portion of the film to four small groups; have them search for evidence of parallels to themes in the other portions and then present their findings to a mixed group of experts
- Have class members craft their own review of the film
- Assign the 2:29-minute film for out of class viewing
- Aranda's critique includes clips from the film to illustrate his points
- The narrator also references the reviews of other film critics