Talk about a sticky situation! What is spider silk, anyway? Scholars scope out the science behind one of the world's strongest substances through a video from an intriguing science series. A leading spider scientist discusses the types of silk, examines ancient spiders trapped in amber, and tests the tensile strength of a single strand.
- Show the video to highlight an interesting adaptation or to begin a study of spiders
- Curious about spider goats? Check them out in a quick video
- Brush up on protein synthesis before watching; try a fun interactive game for pupils with less experience
- Engaging from start to finish, the video is full of facts and amazing images
- The narrator explains protein structure through diagrams and analogy, perfect for younger biologists