The human carbon footprint may be larger than anyone thought. It is estimated that one million species are at risk of going extinct due to human impact on the environment. An installment from the large It's Okay to be Smart series discusses the specifics of this human impact and how they affect individual species.
- Have learners keep a list of the human practices that have the greatest impact of the other species on the earth
- Expects prior knowledge of habitat requirements
- Fits well in an environmental science unit
- Includes links to additional resources to continue studying the topic
- Uses examples to add perspective