This Your Birthday is a Math Problem! worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What better way to celebrate students' birthdays than by creating original math problems? In this open ended challenge, young mathematicians must make numerical expressions using parentheses, exponents, and three other operations that equal the number made from the digits of their birth month and day. This in-class assignment or formative assessment would fit perfectly into a lesson series on evaluating expressions using the order of operations.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes an example that clearly demonstrates the task
- Provides a lear list of requirements for student work
- Problem is open ended and encourages students' creativity
- Resource can be adapted for use across the upper-elementary grade levels