This Writing Task 6.NS.7 assessment also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Temperature data for Anchorage, Alaska offers an excellent context for assessing young mathematicians' understanding of integers. After first looking at a table of the record low temperatures for each month of the year, students are asked to simply identify which month is coldest. This brief formative assessment would make a perfect supplement to the introductory lesson of a unit on integers, with the results helping to guide instruction during the following lessons.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Requires pupils to provide a written explanation in support of their answer
- Resource includes two copies of the exit card on a single page
- Temperature data includes both single- and double-digit integers