This Writing Equations for Perpendicular Lines assessment also includes:
Make the right connections between the equations of perpendicular lines. Pupils find the equation of a line perpendicular to another line in the context of finding the equation of a side of a geometric figure. Learners write their equations in slope-intercept form.
- Provide the class with a problem of a rectangle on the coordinate plane with only three vertices and have them find the equations of the lines containing the sides
- Individuals should know the relationship between the slopes of perpendicular lines
- Class members should be comfortable writing equations in slope-intercept form
- Asks the questions in the context of a geometry problem instead of just what is the equation of the line perpendicular to a given line
- Provides descriptions of common misconceptions