This Writing Equations for Parallel Lines assessment also includes:
Make connections between geometry and algebra concepts. Using a point on a side of a geometric figure and the equation of the line that contains the parallel opposite side, learners find the unknown equation of the line. They write the equation in point-slope form.
- Review finding the equation of a line given the slope and a point
- Have those that struggle draw the figure on the coordinate plane
- Individuals should know the slope-intercept form for a line
- Includes a video of a teacher using a questioning technique
- Contains descriptions of misconceptions