This Write Fractions of a Set (1) video also includes:
Fractions can be represented not only with shapes, but with sets of objects as well. The fourth video of this series builds on prior knowledge of fractions, visually demonstrating how groups of items can be broken into equal parts. After following along with the instructor's examples, young mathematicians apply this concept with a story problem in the Guided Practice video. A great supplement ito introductory unit on fractions, either as a whole class or independent learning activity.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Provides a short review of the terms numerator and denominator
- Instructor clearly models how to identify fractions of a set using pictures
- A downloadable slide show version of the video is available
- Requires additional practice problems for students to develop fluency with this new skill