This Write Equivalent Expressions Using Visual/Area Model instructional video also includes:
Help your students learn to identify when two expression are equivalent by learning how to write them. The video is the first in a progressive series where the narrator uses tiles as a visual model for simple algebraic expressions. Viewers see that only like terms can be combined. Extend the activity by asking your class to come up with additional equivalent expressions.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Slide presentation includes guided practice, extension activity, and a quick quiz
- Includes coach's commentary giving background to the resource
- Students may complete this activity on their own
- An additional practice worksheet is needed to help learners master the concept of equivalent expression