This Write a Thesis Statement for an Argumentative Essay instructional video also includes:
A strong thesis statement sets the tone for any piece of expository writing. In the second lesson of this series, young writers follow a step-by-step process to narrow down their topics and create an argumentative statement that can be supported with details. Warn learners against writing the words I think, but instead encourage them to state their opinions as if they were facts. Generate additional examples that model both strong and weak thesis statements to further support learners with this difficult stage of the writing process.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- The process of writing a thesis statement is clearly modeled with examples
- Includes the narrator's thought process as he develops a thesis statement
- Adaptable to Common Core writing standards across the upper-elementary grade levels
- Requires a graphic organizer to support students with creating thesis statements
- Assumes an understanding of the difference between facts and opinions