This Worthless to Me, Priceless to You lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Reinforce the concept of philanthropy with a language arts lesson. After reading the South Asian Indian folktale "The Drum," which exemplifies the idea of sharing with those less fortunate, learners work as a class to hold a book or clothing drive.
- Expand the lesson to involve the rest of the school or larger community
- Incorporate into social studies to research a human rights issue more thoroughly
- Promotes the act of charity without expecting anything in return
- Comes with all necessary handouts, including a letter to parents