This Working Backwards—2D Rotations assessment also includes:
Wrap a 2-D figure around the y-axis to form a solid. Given two 3-D figures, pupils determine the 2-D figure that—when rotated around the y-axis—will generate the solid. The pupils then draw the 2-D shape on the coordinate plane in the desired location.
- Use 3-D rendering software to show rotations and contrast against cross-sections
- Discuss creating two solids by having redundant parts
- Class members should understand creating solids through rotations
- Includes a video demonstrating questioning techniques
- Contains descriptions of misconceptions