Pupils discover the relationship between fractions and decimals and where they fit on a number line. Once they translate the information in a vertical bar graph, young mathematicians complete a homework sheet with eight questions based on a number line, and five mixed-skills equations.
- Provide notebook paper to class members to problem solve and record their answers
- Intended as a self-guided lesson and practice for learners, but can be used in any classroom
- The bar graphs worksheet does not contain any skills practice; consider adding questions to go with the data
- The third unit in a series of 10 from the TransMath® text
- Assumes learners are familiar with working on a number line and converting fractions to decimals
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Focuses on identifying fractions and the decimal equivalent on a number line