This Who Was Christopher Columbus? lesson plan also includes:
Does Christopher Columbus deserve credit for "discovering" America? What was the impact of the Age of Exploration on native peoples?
1 Collection 321 Views 270 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- As an extension project, have class members research the various alternatives offered in the PowerPoint of who could be credited as "discovering" America
- Don't miss the excellent idea for a culminating assignment included in the resource, whereby students create a poster (e.g. "The Two Sides of Christopher Columbus") illustrating the controversy over his impact
- Very well-designed instructional Powerpoint presentation
- Engaging warm-up activity whereby learners arrange objects in the room in order to illustrate the concept of power
- Reviews important historical key terms, such as the Age of Exploration, conquistador, and Columbian Exchange